OFFICE OF THE ASSESSOR
The Vernon Township Assessor is your liaison to the Chief County Assessment's Office. The Township Assessor is an elected position (4 year terms). The assessor must be certified by the State and meet continuing education requirements. The job of the assessor is to value all taxable parcels of property within the township in a uniform manner so all properties are valued at the same approximate assessment level. This creates a fair share spread of the real estate tax burden. The assessor has no say or control of the tax monies requested of any given taxing district.
ATTENTION VERNON TOWNSHIP SENIORS - Please note, you do NOT have to reapply for your general senior exemption. This is only required in Cook County. However, seniors applying for the Senior Freeze Exemption (under $65,000 household income) must file annually.
• Assist in filing Senior Homestead Exemptions (Click here for forms)
• Assist in filing Senior Citizen assessment freeze homestead exemptions (Click here for forms)
• Distributes literature concerning assessment and tax bill process
• Provides information requested for Assessment Appeals
• Homeowners Exemption (Monitor and grant for owner occupied residential properties)
• Request Tax Bill address changes
• Assist in filing Agricultural Valuation
• Comparable documentation provided
• Cross-Reference of permanent real estate number and address
• Home-Improvement Exemptions (Monitor qualifying properties for $75,000 full market value or $25,000 assessment reduction
• Names and addresses supplied for properties applying for variances
• Records are considered public information Information available includes:
• Free Notary Public for Vernon Township Residents
Gary P. Raupp. Assessor
Phone: (847) 634-4602
email - email@example.com
Assessors Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Until March 31, 2018)
9:00 a.m. to Noon
Effective April 1, 2018, the Assessors office will not be open on Saturdays.
Lake County Assessors Association
Illinois Assessors Association
International Association of Assessing Officers
National Association of Review Appraisers
2017 Real Estate Tax (due 2018)
First Installment Due: June 6, 2018
Second Installment Due: September 6, 2018