Summer CAMP 2022
*Thank you for a great 2022 Summer Camp Season! Details for 2023 will be coming soon!*
Registration opens January 3rd, 2022
For Ages 4-7
June 13th through July 29th, 2022
William E. Peterson Park – 16652 N. Buffalo Grove Rd.
*If you would like the option to pay later, you must fill out your registration on a computer, it cannot be done on a mobile device.*
Vernon Township strives to provide an enjoyable, educational, and fun camp experience. Daily activities could include arts & crafts, games, sports, swimming, and other activities.
Vernon Township summer camp is for children who will be 4-7 years old on or before September 1st, 2022. Camp takes place Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Campers will dress themselves for swimming and must be toilet trained. Campers must also bring their own lunch, water bottle, bathing suit, towel, sunscreen and rain gear. Camp will take place outdoors, please make sure all campers are equipped properly for the weather.
All counselors are carefully screened high school and college students. Adult camp supervisors are always present.
We are closely monitoring all guidance from the State of Illinois and Lake County Health Department, and we will follow all IDPH guidelines.
Camp Registration Information
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Resident Fee: $1195 ($1745 for non-residents)
Camper/Counselor Ratio: 8:1 (5-7 years old), 7:1 (4 years old)
-A $95 deposit, and registration forms are due to Vernon Township by 4:00 p.m. on January 26, 2022
-Should an age group fill up, a resident lottery to be held after hours on January 26, 2022.
VERNON TOWNSHIP SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION DATES & PROCEDURES
Anyone that completed the 2021 summer camp will be considered a returning camper. Any camper not registered as of January 26th will be considered a new camper (no exceptions).
RETURNING CAMPER SIBLINGS
Siblings of returning campers that did not participate in the 2021 Summer Camp can submit a registration and deposit with the Returning Camper Registration. Sibling registration forms must be accompanied by a returning camper registration. Once an age group is full a waiting list will be developed.
Returning camper fees may be paid by credit card, check, or cash. All refunds will be paid by check.
Thank you for your interest in Vernon Township Summer Camp. Please complete the registration form for you child. As a new camper you are welcome to sign up now, however priority is given to returning campers. We cannot confirm your spot in camp until January 26th, at which point we will hold a lottery (if needed).
Should a particular age group exceed the number of new registrants than there is space for, on January 26, 2022, Township staff will randomly select registrants up to the maximum number of participants allowed in each camp group. If the camp group is full, your registration will be placed on the waiting list. If space becomes available, a confirmation letter will be emailed and your deposit check will be cashed. Should space not be available, you will receive your uncashed deposit check via mail along with a letter stating your position on the waiting list. Camp applications will not be accepted by Township staff or entered into the lottery without all proper information (Birth Certificate, Proof of Residency and Deposit Check).
OPEN REGISTRATION – INCLUDING NONRESIDENTS
Registration Begins: January 27th, 2022
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE COMPLETING CAMP REGISTRATION
- Each camper requires their own registration form.
- All registrations must be completed online.
- Proof of age (birth certificate) is required at the time of payment, for each new camper, including siblings of returning campers.
- Proof of residency is required for ALL campers (Driver’s License or State ID only).
- All registrations require a $95 nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit at the time of registration, unless otherwise noted. All camp deposits must be in the form of a check. No cash deposits will be accepted.
- Camp registration will not proceed if items 3, 4 and 5 are not satisfied.
- The fee balance will be divided into 2 payments. The first payment of $550 is due by March 31, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. The second payment of $550 is due by April 29, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. If the full balance is not paid by April 30, the camper’s place will be given to the next person on the waiting list. No bill or reminder will be sent to you by Vernon Township. If you require a payment plan, you must inform the Township at the time of registration.
- After May 6, 2022, refunds will only be granted for medical reasons or if the camper can be replaced can be found by Vernon Township. Once camp begins, refunds will be prorated based on when the camper’s participation ended. Camp fees will not be prorated to accommodate vacations.
- You may pay the entire balance at the time of registration or before the balance due dates.