Summer CAMP 2023
Registration for returning campers is now open! New camper registration begins Wednesday, January 11th.
For Ages 4-7
June 12th through July 28th, 2022
William E. Peterson Park – 16652 N. Buffalo Grove Rd.
*If you would like the option to pay later, you must fill out your registration on a computer, it cannot be done on a mobile device.*
Vernon Township strives to provide an enjoyable, educational, and fun camp experience. Daily activities could include arts & crafts, games, sports, swimming, and other activities.
Vernon Township summer camp is for children who will be 4-7 years old on or before September 1st, 2023. Camp takes place Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Campers will dress themselves for swimming and must be toilet trained. Campers must also bring their own lunch, water bottle, bathing suit, towel, sunscreen and rain gear. Camp will take place outdoors, please make sure all campers are equipped properly for the weather.
All counselors are carefully screened high school and college students. Adult camp supervisors are always present.
Camp Registration Information
Camp Days: Monday-Friday
Camp Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Resident Fee: $1295 ($1945 for non-residents)
Camper/Counselor Ratio: 8:1 (5-7 years old), 7:1 (4 years old)
Camp registration opens Monday, January 9th, 2023, for returning campers. Open registration to all residents will open Wednesday, January 11th, 2023. All camp spots are on a first come first served basis. Should a camp group fill up, your child will be added to the wait list.
VERNON TOWNSHIP SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION DATES & PROCEDURES
Anyone that completed the 2022 summer camp will be considered a returning camper and will be allowed to register on January 9th. Starting January 11th all registrants will be considered new campers and will be admitted on a first come first served basis.
RETURNING CAMPER SIBLINGS
Siblings of returning campers that did not participate in the 2022 Summer Camp can submit a registration and deposit with the Returning Camper Registration. Sibling registration forms must be accompanied by a returning camper registration. Once an age group is full a waiting list will be developed.
Returning camper fees may be paid by credit card, check, or cash. All refunds will be paid by check.
Thank you for your interest in Vernon Township Summer Camp. New camper registration opens Wednesday January 11th, 2023. Please complete the registration form for your child. We will need proof of residency and proof of age (birth certificate) upon admission to camp. These items can be emailed to Chris@vernontownship.com or brought in person to 3050 N. Main St. Buffalo Grove.
All camper fees may be paid by credit card, check, or cash. Any credit card transaction is subject to a 3% surcharge. All refunds will be paid by check.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE COMPLETING CAMP REGISTRATION
- Each camper requires their own registration form.
- All registrations must be completed online.
- Proof of age (birth certificate) is required for each new camper, including siblings of returning campers.
- Proof of residency is required for ALL campers (Driver’s License or State ID only).
- All registrations require a $95 nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit at the time of registration, unless otherwise noted.
- Camp registration will not proceed if items 3, 4 and 5 are not satisfied.
- The full balance is due by April 28, 2023, at 4:00pm. If not paid, the camper will be dropped, and their place will be given to the next person on the waiting list. No bill or reminder will be sent to you by Vernon Township. If you require a payment plan, you must inform the Township at the time of registration.
- After May 5, 2023, refunds will only be granted for medical reasons. Once camp begins, refunds will be prorated based on when the camper’s participation ended. Camp fees will not be prorated to accommodate vacations.
- You may pay the entire balance at the time of registration or before the balance due date.